New F-150 Meets Any Need With a Range of Performance Options
2018 Ford F-150 Engine Options
Competitive automotive classes are rarely dominated by one vehicle. Every year is an opportunity for competitors to offer something first, or for a lower price. In that way, the Ford F-150 is an anomaly. For more than four decades, the F-150 has been America’s favorite pickup truck. That’s a long time to win, unsurpassed by close-but-not-quite competitors.
One of the ways Ford has cemented its dynasty over the light- and medium-duty pickup truck class is by giving drivers one of the most configurable vehicles on the market. The Ford F-150 has a history of being available with multiple cab, bed and engine options.
After all, drivers are different, and their needs are unique.
Combined with Ford reliability, the ability for drivers to customize their F-150 has enshrined Ford on top of the class with no indication of a descent anytime soon.
What Engine Does the 2018 Ford F-150 Have?
The 2018 Ford F-150 gives drivers 5 gasoline engines to choose from with a yet-to-be-released diesel engine.
3.3L Ti-VCT V6 engine
- Standard on the 2018 Ford F-150 XL and 2018 Ford F-150 XLT
- 290 horsepower (@ 6,500 rpm)
- 265 lb-ft. of torque (@ 4,000 rpm)
2.7L EcoBoost® V6 engine
- Standard on 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
- Available on 2018 Ford F-150 XL and 2018 Ford F-150 XLT
- 325 horsepower (@ 5,000 rpm)
- 400 lb-ft. of torque (@ 2,750 rpm)
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engine
- Standard on 2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch® and 2018 Ford F-150 Platinum
- Available on 2018 Ford F-150 XL, 2018 Ford F-150 XLT and 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
- 395 horsepower (@ 5,750 rpm)
- 400 lb-ft. of torque (@ 4,500 rpm)
3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine
- Standard on 2018 Ford F-150 Limited
- Available on 2018 Ford F-150 XL, 2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch® and 2018 Ford F-150 Platinum
- 375 horsepower (@ 5,000 rpm)
- 470 lb-ft. of torque (@ 2,500 rpm)
3.5L EcoBoost® V6 HIGH OUTPUT engine
- Standard on 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
- 450 horsepower (@ 5,000 rpm)
- 510 lb-ft. of torque (@ 3,500 rpm)
3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel
- Availability and output specs to come!
One of our favorite things here at Shelor Motor Mile is being able to help people find the perfect vehicle that matches their unique lifestyle and need. Often, that vehicle is the Ford F-150. After all, the 2018 Ford F-150 provides a huge range of performance options.
For more information on performance applications for the 2018 Ford F-150, or to schedule a test-drive with one, contact us today!